Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Sunday, October 11, 2009

only once you sleep

I reluctantly wake up early at dawn
Singing the blues before I’m even gone
Misplaced and disgraced, lost track of the vibe
Waiting for my life to lead me back to the tribe
Unspoken
Forgotten
Welcoming the ideas of the shambled ruins you possess
In your mind and in your soul, of the wrongs you confess
Wishing won’t save me now, from the indelible fortunes crossing
When every traitor of the pact bellows incredulous acts to boss me
Enchanted
Branded
You look to me like a cow crossed with slaughterhouse fate
Dreaming up the labels to mark me as an enemy of the state
I amend myself when through dreams of truth there’s nothing left
Until you prove to me in the swiftest time your intelligence is bereft
Charming
Alarming
A doorstep at your feet and denial until you sleep, you’ve misunderstood
Clambering the breadth of hell to tell you to do what you already should
Indefinitely ignoring the signals before you let out a peep
Remember this: if you have any life, it’s only once you sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home