Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

guelfs vs. ghibellines



















Running through my mind
Like a bandit from a crime
Will to the divine
It should be mine

Breathing in toxins to save
I look for respite in the sun
Clearing thoughts on the run
To escape from the walls of this cave
I feel adventurous
Like a sailor on his first quest
To find the pieces that are left
And put to rest this final test

I love life and all its beauty
Where were you when it all went down?
Probably wearing the longest frown
That's when I left town
Without a sound
Youth ending behind me resolutely

I want to climb the highest mountain in your mind and find the flag of the seer who claims the zenith of thought, until then I'm distraught

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home