Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

fringe findings





















Close to the open borders between our minds
With nothing to examine but what truth remains
Burning away the jagged edges full of hate
The message always falls short of the fuel it contains
Simply put and closed shut in this tattered journal
Like a coffin of the tempted corpse within
Carry the burden a little further
Emptying into the river as it bends

A sarcophagus of me holds the key
To happiness in my lifetime
Probably not the next or for those before
Only worthy in the heart's prime

I've seen too much
I thought too much
I write too much
But there's never enough
Time to carefully burn
Things to want to learn
Messages for me to discern
Old rocks to newly turn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home