Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Monday, November 9, 2009

snowfall on shady grove

Living on a skating binge,
Mind has swung off of its hinge,
Sent me to the outer fringe,
Will I ever come down again?

Spent all day just for the fix,
Peddled time with circus tricks,
You'd think that it was just for kicks,
Until at last my needle pricks.

On a track for several days,
Cannot escape my lonely maze,
My mind is covered in icy glaze,
I wish that it were just a phase.

Back and forth to the dealer's shack,
Always happy to welcome me back,
Been pushing days on just a snack,
My train of thought well off the track.

Mind and body racing terribly fast,
With loops in thought I'll never pass,
My first time was such a blast,
The day I'll die is when I crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home