Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Monday, November 9, 2009

kneeling near a twisted fate

there's a reason i don't go out anymore
maybe a few of them, the times grow like bones split
paths cross to meet where fortune finds them
ready for anything, a grand forest to explore

well, deep beneath the shroud of leaves
there exists a fragment in my mind, holding the light
it shines like a lamp, urging me forward on this path
amongst the scattered bones beneath rotting trees

picking apart wishbones, only thoughtful thoughts of where my mind would cross
just as the path split, the words flew off the tip of my tongue
earnestly seeking a page so thick and soft as to soak up all my pen's ink
embedded in its murky lake, new home was found in its natural loss

begging fate and the remedies which i knew were for the best
clinging to the sunlight as it peeked between the trees
i see what connects me to my work as it finds itself at peace
and allowing that loss to make things whole is certainly the test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home