Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

pass it around






















The confused population swoons
Issuing deft and lost platoons
This poor struggle is unending
We can’t revert to the beginning
And when they’ve found what they roll out to seek
Destroying colonies and returning with ideations that seem meek
Who would measure the caroused
Left broken in homes unbound
Sickly coughing up words profound
But unable to make the right sound
For your ears are small
You missed most of the fall
And that healthy crunching underneath
The things that give me my beliefs
When I am mostly unspoken
Bearing wood and gold tokens
You shatter what was left
Make me feel so bereft
But I knew I had it all along
You missed the meaning of my song
Until you creep nearby with phantom limbs
Wearing a bold mask painted so thin
I can truly see
What you’ve done to me
You didn’t know
What to uphold
And that’s okay
I’ll save the day
Live life like it isn’t yours, but of Him you will become
Be like this, my friend, and you will to catch up to the Sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home