Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake. - Henry D. Thoreau

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

collusion fusion


























I thought you cared about those thoughts we shared
Living under that bridge, we were both scared
To death of it all
We anticipated a fall
And now where are we when it’s time to seek
The truth in the meanings behind damning sleep
Broken and confused
I’m not very amused
At the hardships and soft lips
Candied apples to stop the grapples

Where have we been since then?
Hiding away in the darkness within
We will never escape
Or find a new place
It’s all a maze
And you’ve lost the race
Save face
No more grace

Attempted bludgeoning
Treason and smothering
Long nights and feathers plucked
Running aimlessly amok
Slowly
Carefully
Patiently
Anxiously
Befallen with these torments
Amazed at the path where it bends
I hope he finds what’s lost in you
I hope the shoe he holds fits just you
I couldn’t repair this with glue
I lost the map somewhere in the ruse
Who’s not confused?

I’m blank and I thank you
For the mess we’ve been through
I walked in bloodstained
Feeling so ashamed
You cleaned me up and sent me back
Out of the mansion and into the shack
I lost it all when we spoke first
Imagining lovers in mirth
All we got was the bitter dirt
Mixed with fear it surely hurt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home